Chopped Kale Salad
- 6 cups of chopped kale (chopped into small bites)
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup Craisins
- 1½ cup cooked, whole grain quinoa
- Dijon vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard (store bought is great)
- 3 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the kale, almonds, Craisins and quinoa. Stir in dressing.
For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the mustard and the vinegar, slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve alone or with a protein of your choice.
Amy Poore is a new mom, a wife and a foodie. To see more of Amy's delicious recipes, visit her blog, Poore Amy, at www.pooreamy.com
Photo: Amy Poore