By Amy Poore
Let’s face it: Most of us don’t have hours and hours to prepare and serve a stunningly beautiful, satisfying meal every single night of the week for our families. Do you have 20 minutes, though? Because if so, this pasta dish is perfection!
Everyone loves a pasta dish, and this one is really easy to prep and never fails to satisfy. If you’d like to add a little extra, I’d recommend a grilled chicken breast.
Enjoy, and bon appétit!
Pasta with Tuscan Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or the kind in a jar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 8 pieces
- 8-ounce jar sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste, if needed
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
Add basil, then cream cheese. Whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
Stir in sun-dried tomatoes.
Gradually add the milk, ¼ cup at a time. Each time, whisk until completely blended in sauce.
Once all milk is incorporated, stir in cheese, pepper and salt.
Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring until the cheese is melted (5-10 minutes).
Serve over warm, cooked bow-tie pasta.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped tomatoes.
Amy Poore is a new mom, a wife and a foodie. To see more of Amy's delicious recipes, visit her blog, Poore Amy, at www.pooreamy.com
Photo: Amy Poore