The 3rd Annual West Alabama Food and Wine Festival
The festival allows for time away from little ones by enjoying wine and food to see what various distributors have to offer May 7.
- Located at the Hotel Capstone Ballroom
- Food samples from over a dozen different restaurants
- Live music
- Benefitting the Red Cross of West Alabama
- To purchase tickets visit brownpapertickets.com or Spirits Wine Cellar
- For more information, see westalabamafoodandwine.org.
National Beer Festival
Offering local food, vendors and music, the National Beer Festival will showcase specialty and craft breweries from all around the world.
- May 16 at Government Plaza
- General admission tickets $35 and VIP tickets are $50.
- To find out more about the festival, visit americaontap.com.
Old School Summer Fest
The music festival will feature Blackstreet, SWV and more. Throwing it back to the era of 90’s R&B, the festival will feature nostalgia and entertainment for audiences.
- June 5 at The Tuscaloosa Amphitheater, 7 p.m.
- Ticket prices vary from $30 and up
- See tuscaloosaamphitheater.com for tickets.
Black Warrior River Fiddle Fest
Held along with the Heritage Days celebration in Northport, the Fiddle Fest will host arts an crafts along with other activities that have family in mind.
- Starts June 12 at Kentuck Park
- Registration for those wanting to participate starts at 9 a.m.
- Contest starts at 10 a.m.
- See alabamafiddle.com for more.
Fiddler on the Roof
The theatrical classic offers a break from festivals with welcoming air conditioned entertainment for families.
- Starting July 10 at Shelton State’s Bean-Brown Theatre at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets for adults are $22, seniors and military are $18 and children are $14
- Visit theatretusc.com for more details
Bama’s Boots, Bands and Bikes
Benefitting the Boot Campaign, the weekend will promote patriotism and support for the military community. There will be special appearances by cast members of FX’s “Sons of Anarchy” Tommy Flanagan and Mark Boone, Jr.
- May 15 will feature a VIP ticketed dinner at the VooDoo restaurant in Hoover
- A family festival will be held at the Oak Mountain Ampitheatre on May 16
- May 17 will see a charity motorcycle ride, beginning at the Heart of Dixie Harley Davidson in Pelham
- Tickets for all events can be found at eventbrite.com or at bamabootsandbikes.com
Birmingham Art Crawl
Held every first Thursday, the art crawl provides a way to meet Birmingham’s artists and performers. A chance to shop after-hours, venues stretching across downtown Birmingham and the opportunity to support more than 40 local artists are given.
- Begins June 4 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Official Art Crawl map can be found in Weld for Birmingham
- Event is open and free to all interested
The fourth annual SliceFest Music Festival celebrates Birmingham’s community with music and food. The festival will feature music from North Mississippi Allstars with Anders Osborne and New Orleans’ Foundation of Funk and more.
- June 6 at Slice Pizza and Brew
- General admission is $25, with children 12 and under admitted for free
- For information about tickets and the festival’s lineup, visit slicefest.com
32nd Annual World Deer Expo
Appealing to sportsmen in the Birmingham area, the annual expo features hunting products, outfitters and more. Activities for children and door prizes are offered as well.
- July 17–19 at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex Exhibition Halls
- Outdoor celebrities, hunt giveaways and more will be at the expo
- Adult tickets are only $10 and children three and under are free
- Visit worlddeerexpo.com for tickets
Azalea City Smooth Jazz Heritage Festival
Kicking off May with musical delights, the jazz fest will feature musicians from Leflore High School and Dunbar Middle School in its first installment.
- May 16 from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Historic Fort Conde
- Other musicians include Eric Essix, Kim Scott and David Jones and Band
Hangout Music Fest
A Gulf Shores staple, the Hangout Music Fest is a must see event at least once for any music lover. The gigantic festival kicks off the weekend of May 15.
- May 15 through May 17
- Known for featuring a wide range of artists, this year’s lineup ranges from Paramore to Zac Brown Band
- General admission tickets are still available – visit hangoutmusicfest.com or download the music fest app for more information
The Dave Matthews Band
Visiting Mobile as part of many acts listed for The Amphitheatre at the Wharf’s lineup, The Dave Matthews Band brings rock to Orange Beach.
- June 2 at 7 p.m.
- Rain or shine event
- For tickets, visit amphitheateratthewharf.com
Battle of the Bay Canoe and Kayak Race
The fourth annual canoe and kayak races benefit the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyers Program. Held in Mobile Bay, the races offer activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- July 25 at Mobile Bay
- Shrimp and grits served at the Bluegill
- Live music, prizes, children’s activities and more
- Follow the event on Facebook at Battle of the Bay Canoe and Kayak