The mission of the Bama Art House series is to bring current and contemporary independent film to West Alabama, transforming the historic Bama Theatre into a cinematic art house. A program of The Arts Council of Tuscaloosa, this series will feature dramas, comedies and documentaries from The Beatles to Bosch. Screenings will take place at the Bama Theatre on Tuesday nights at 7:30 p.m. with the box office opening at 6:30 p.m. and doors at 6:45 p.m.
The Lineup for Bama Art House Fall 2016
- Aug. 16: “Love and Friendship”
- Aug. 23: “Eat That Question: Frank Zappa in His Own Words” (sponsored by Left Hand Soap Company)
- Aug. 30: “Wiener-Dog”
- Sept. 6: “La Novia”
- Sept. 20: “The Beatles: Eight Days A Week-The Touring Years”
- Sept. 27: “Les Cowboys”
- Oct. 11: “Don't Think Twice”
- Oct. 25: “Hieronymus Bosch: Touched by the Devil”
Discount Punchcard Tickets ($60) will be available at the door prior to screenings and will be good for any 10 Bama Art House films. Single Tickets will be priced at $8 general, $7 seniors & students and $6 Arts Council members.
Patrons can visit bamatheatre.org/bamaarthouse to view the list of films, details and accompanying trailers.