- Demonstrate a love and enthusiasm for learning?
- Demonstrate support for teachers and school leaders?
- Attend school functions as often as possible?
- Read to your child or encourage independent reading on a daily basis?
- Provide both support and structure for home learning activities?
- Set developmentally age appropriate expectations for your child’s achievement and behavior?
- Encourage exploration and problem solving skills?
- Participate in parent councils?
- Limit exposure to media?
- Encourage your child to get physical activity?
- Promote structure, routine and a sense of responsibility in the family?
Community Service Programs of West Alabama (CSP), Inc.’s Head Start/Early Head Start and Child Care Partnership programs engage families and encourage healthy lifestyle choices. Head Start’s philosophy holds that parents are primary educators and through program participation, parents are empowered to have a lasting impact on the lives of their children.
How do you rate?